Meet Jeanne Springer and Billy Jack Barrett
The Remount Foundation grew out of necessity. Jeanne Springer and Billy Jack Barrett were working at the riding stables at the United States Air Force Academy with cadets and other military members when they began to realize the horses were helping injured veterans. Word got out around the Colorado Springs military community and soon wounded combat veterans were calling from all branches of service. Jeanne and Billy Jack have trained horses for decades, with the Remount Foundation culminating as the most fulfilling part of their life work.
Board of Directors
- President: David R. Andrews, D.M., M.B.A. Purple Heart Recipient
- Vice President: Marvin Boyd
- Secretary/Treasurer: General Gene Renuart, USAF, Retired
- Chief Medical Officer: Robert Hamilton, M.D.
- Member at Large: Betty Welsh
- Co-Founder and Executive Director: Billy Jack Barrett
- Co-Founder and Program Director: Jeanne Springer